sqoop-user mailing list archives

From Jarek Jarcec Cecho <jar...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Cloudera Conncetor powered by teradata: Specifying number of mappers
Date Sun, 03 Aug 2014 22:45:59 GMT
Could you share entire log generated with parameter —verbose Bhuavana?

It’s worth mentioning that the parameter —num-mappers is only a hint, Sqoop can choose
different number.

Jarcec

On Aug 1, 2014, at 9:17 AM, Bhuvana Bellala <Bhuvana.Bellala@cormac-corp.com> wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> I am using Cloudera Connector powered by Teradata to import from teradata into hdfs.
I specified sqoop to use 8 mappers by saying –num-mappers 8; however, sqoop is using only
2 mappers:

> INFO mapreduce.TeradataInputProcessor: input number of mappers are 2.
>
> What is the problem here? Thank you
>
> <image001.jpg>
>
> Bhuvana Bellala| Intern
> 13921 Park Center Road, Suite 180, Herndon VA 20171|
> CMMI Maturity Level 3 Rated| GSA Schedule 70| SBA SDB, 8(a)|
> www.cormac-corp.com
>
> This email and any files transmitted with it are confidential and intended solely for
the use of the individual or entity to whom they are addressed.  If you are not the named
addressee you should not disseminate, distribute or copy this e-mail. Please notify the sender
immediately by e-mail if you have received this e-mail by mistake and delete this e-mail from
your system. If you are not the intended recipient you are notified that disclosing, copying,
distributing or taking any action in reliance on the contents of this information is strictly
prohibited.