sqoop-user mailing list archives

From Jarek Jarcec Cecho <jar...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Apache Hadoop 2.x Sqoop Connectors for Teradata
Date Mon, 29 Sep 2014 13:28:39 GMT
Hi Nirmal
neither of the connectors is an ASF product and hence you might be better to ask your question
on it’s vendor forums.

I have knowledge only about “Cloudera Connector Powered by Teradata” and hence I’ll
comment only this one. It has been developed, tested and verified with CDH 4 and 5, so it’s
definitely working there. CDH is based on Hadoop 2.x, so I would expect that it will work
out of the box on pure Hadoop 2.x as well. Have you tried it and seen some issues?

Jarcec

On Sep 29, 2014, at 4:46 AM, Nirmal Kumar <nirmal.kumar@impetus.co.in> wrote:

> Hello Experts,
>
> Can anybody tell me which Sqoop Connectors for Teradata are compatible with Apache Hadoop
2.x from apache site?

> I see the following Teradata connectors for Hadoop are available:
> 	• Teradata Connector for Hadoop (Command Line Edition) from Teradata Site
> 	• Hortonworks Connector for Teradata ("Hortonworks Connector")
> 	• Cloudera Connector Powered by Teradata
>
> I want to do an incremental import from Teradata to Hive and a bit confused with all
the above different connectors.

> Can I use ONLY Sqoop command line options if possible with the supported ones ?
>
> Thanks,
> Nirmal

interception or interference.