sqoop-user mailing list archives

From "Xu, Qian A" <qian.a...@intel.com>
Subject RE: Hive import is not compatible with importing into AVRO format
Date Fri, 12 Sep 2014 01:17:09 GMT
Unfortunately, Avro format is not supported for a Hive import. You can fire a JIRA for that.
Note that the trunk version of Sqoop1 supports Hive import as Parquet.

--
Qian Xu (Stanley)

From: lizhanqiang@inspur.com [mailto:lizhanqiang@inspur.com]
Sent: Friday, September 12, 2014 8:56 AM
To: user@sqoop.apache.org
Subject: Re: Hive import is not compatible with importing into AVRO format

Hey,there:
 Does hive support the format of avroFile.As I know it just supoort rcfile,textfile,sequencefile.Hope
this helpful to you.

From: pratik khadloya<mailto:tispratik@gmail.com>
Date: 2014-09-12 08:26
To: user@sqoop.apache.org<mailto:user@sqoop.apache.org>
I am trying to import data from a free form mysql query into hive. I need the files to be
as AVRO data files, but when i pass the --as-avrodatafile option, i get a compatibility error.
Is there a way i can tell sqoop to use the avro file format?

--username <dbuser> --password <dbpwd> --target-dir /user/pkhadloya/sqoop/mytable
--query “<my query> WHERE \$CONDITIONS" --num-mappers 1 --hive-import --hive-table
mytable --create-hive-table --as-avrodatafile

~Pratik