sqoop-user mailing list archives

From "Xu, Qian A" <qian.a...@intel.com>
Subject RE: Hive import is not compatible with importing into AVRO format
Date Fri, 12 Sep 2014 02:16:14 GMT
Yes. Simply replace `--as-avrodatafile` with `--as-parquetfile`.

Please make sure the environment variables HIVE_HOME and HCAT_HOME are set correctly.

--
Qian Xu (Stanley)

From: pratik khadloya [mailto:tispratik@gmail.com]
Sent: Friday, September 12, 2014 10:12 AM
To: user@sqoop.apache.org
Subject: Re: Hive import is not compatible with importing into AVRO format

Oh ok, thanks for the information Xu. Can it be invoked using --as-parquetfile with --hive-import
?

Regards,
Pratik

On Thu, Sep 11, 2014 at 6:17 PM, Xu, Qian A <qian.a.xu@intel.com<mailto:qian.a.xu@intel.com>>
wrote:
Unfortunately, Avro format is not supported for a Hive import. You can fire a JIRA for that.
Note that the trunk version of Sqoop1 supports Hive import as Parquet.

--
Qian Xu (Stanley)