sqoop-user mailing list archives

From "lizhanqiang@inspur.com" <lizhanqi...@inspur.com>
Subject Re: Hive import is not compatible with importing into AVRO format
Date Fri, 12 Sep 2014 00:55:45 GMT

Hey,there:
 Does hive support the format of avroFile.As I know it just supoort rcfile,textfile,sequencefile.Hope
this helpful to you.

From: pratik khadloya
Date: 2014-09-12 08:26
To: user@sqoop.apache.org
Subject: Hive import is not compatible with importing into AVRO format
I am trying to import data from a free form mysql query into hive. I need the files to be
as AVRO data files, but when i pass the --as-avrodatafile option, i get a compatibility error.
Is there a way i can tell sqoop to use the avro file format?

--username <dbuser> --password <dbpwd> --target-dir /user/pkhadloya/sqoop/mytable
--query “<my query> WHERE \$CONDITIONS" --num-mappers 1 --hive-import --hive-table
mytable --create-hive-table --as-avrodatafile

~Pratik