sqoop-user mailing list archives

From Denis <sunseaandpa...@gmail.com>
Subject Use custom models in scoop
Date Mon, 22 Sep 2014 16:04:24 GMT
Hi,

     I am looking for a good solution to integrate my model classes with
scoop. The only solution I see right now is to import with /'scoop
import/ /.../' command and then run a map job to convert into my model.
I don't like this approach because: 1 - I need to duplicate fields
sequence information while executing 'scoop import ...', 2 - I don't see
any easy way I can do a junit test to check the imported data can be
uploaded back to the DB without errors (there is a custom upload
procedure, not a scoop). So ideally I would like to extend some
interface, do some tricks and plugin my model into the scoop (I still
want to be able to leverage --direct mode). Any help is highly
appreciated. If my ideal case will cause lot of pain to me, please share
some resources that describe how can I use 'sqoop codegen' results later
(again, ideally as a map-reduce job config).