sqoop-user mailing list archives

From Nirmal Kumar <nirmal.ku...@impetus.co.in>
Subject RE: Apache Hadoop 2.x Sqoop Connectors for Teradata
Date Mon, 29 Sep 2014 13:40:55 GMT
Thanks Jarek for the info.

You are right I need to confirm from the Vendor's forum regarding the compatibility of their
connectors with Apache Hadoop 2.x.

I believe all the Hadoop distros are originally rooted from Apache Hadoop.
But not sure whether the Vendor specific connectors will work with the plain vanilla Apache
Hadoop 2.x.

I will definitely give a try though and let you know.

-Nirmal

From: Jarek Jarcec Cecho <jarcec@gmail.com> on behalf of Jarek Jarcec Cecho <jarcec@apache.org>
Sent: Monday, September 29, 2014 6:58 PM
To: user@sqoop.apache.org
Subject: Re: Apache Hadoop 2.x  Sqoop Connectors for Teradata

Hi Nirmal
neither of the connectors is an ASF product and hence you might be better to ask your question
on it’s vendor forums.

I have knowledge only about “Cloudera Connector Powered by Teradata” and hence I’ll
comment only this one. It has been developed, tested and verified with CDH 4 and 5, so it’s
definitely working there. CDH is based on Hadoop 2.x, so I would expect that it will work
out of the box on pure Hadoop 2.x as well. Have you tried it and seen some issues?

Jarcec

On Sep 29, 2014, at 4:46 AM, Nirmal Kumar <nirmal.kumar@impetus.co.in> wrote:

> Hello Experts,
>
> Can anybody tell me which Sqoop Connectors for Teradata are compatible with Apache Hadoop
2.x from apache site?

> I see the following Teradata connectors for Hadoop are available:
>       • Teradata Connector for Hadoop (Command Line Edition) from Teradata Site
>       • Hortonworks Connector for Teradata ("Hortonworks Connector")
>       • Cloudera Connector Powered by Teradata
>
> I want to do an incremental import from Teradata to Hive and a bit confused with all
the above different connectors.

> Can I use ONLY Sqoop command line options if possible with the supported ones ?
>
> Thanks,
> Nirmal

interception or interference.

or interference.