sqoop-user mailing list archives

From pratik khadloya <tispra...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Importing Table and Column comments
Date Fri, 12 Sep 2014 17:18:14 GMT
Sorry, JDBC does not support USER_COL_COMMENTS either (i think this is
specific to oracle).
I don't think there is any tool currently available which can export mysql
tables to hive other than sqoop.

You might have to write your own custom code for backfilling the comments
after sqoop is done with its import.
Your custom tool can use something like
http://stackoverflow.com/a/6752206/238880

~Pratik