sqoop-user mailing list archives

From pratik khadloya <tispra...@gmail.com>
Subject Create HIVE table backed by AVRO files
Date Thu, 18 Sep 2014 19:30:32 GMT
Mysql --> Hive import

Am running into problems trying to create a hive table backed by parquet
formatted files.

So, i want to try creating a hive table backed by avro files. I see that
--hive-import and --as-avrodatafile are not compatible with each other.

I can possibly use the HCAT based import and in
the --hcatalog-storage-stanza i can specify avro input/output formats, but
how do i specify the schema file as i do not know it in advance?

Is there an automatic way of creating a hive table backed by avro data
files?

Thanks,
Pratik