sqoop-user mailing list archives

From pratik khadloya <tispra...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Sqoop Incremental mode to get updated data in Hive
Date Fri, 19 Sep 2014 15:51:04 GMT
The docs say that "The merge tool is typically run after an incremental
import with the date-last-modified mode (sqoop import --incremental
lastmodified …)."
Also, I am not sure how the merge tool handles deleted records, looking at
the code of merge tool, i don't think it deletes the corresponding records
from target which were deleted in the source.

~Pratik