sqoop-user mailing list archives

From Abraham Elmahrek <...@cloudera.com>
Subject Re: Use custom models in scoop
Date Tue, 23 Sep 2014 08:13:33 GMT
Hey Denis,

Could you describe your models a bit? Do they have a special structure and
require the output format to be different? Would they exist in HDFS? HBase?
etc.

What ever it may be, you could potentially hack it into Sqoop1 or you could
wait for Sqoop2 and write a connector. The code generated by Sqoop is just
a Writable that describes how to read fields and write fields from/to your
database. I don't think it's a good idea to modify the generated code as it
would work only for that single instance and is kind of a mess to keep
track of. Until I understand your models a bit more... I think that's the
best advice I can give though.

-Abe