sqoop-user mailing list archives

From Radhe Radhe <radhe.krishna.ra...@live.com>
Subject RE: Java API to Import Tables from RDBMs to Hive using Sqoop
Date Wed, 24 Sep 2014 12:50:57 GMT
Hi Pratik,
I had a look at the below references.
#1 uses SqoopOptions and finally invoking Sqoop.runTool() method in Java Program.This is since
Sqoop 1.x does not have an official Java API.
I this is a viable solution for performing an increment update using sqoop ?
#2 uses Sqoop 2 Client Java API and is not currently ready for production deployment.Latest
cut of Sqoop2 is 1.99.3 (download, documentation). Note that 1.99.3 is not compatible with
1.4.5 and not feature complete, it is not intended for production deployment.I believe that
leaves me to use Sqoop 1.x ONLY.

Basically I want to do an increment update using sqoop through Java Program.
I was thinking of invoking the entire bin/sqoop import commands with increment mode options
from Java code using a ProcessBuilder is a correct option.
Or is there is a better way of doing that programatically ?
 Thanks,-RR