sqoop-user mailing list archives

From Radhe Radhe <radhe.krishna.ra...@live.com>
Subject Generic Teradata Connector for Hadoop
Date Fri, 19 Sep 2014 06:51:41 GMT
Hi All,
Is there a generic Teradata connector that can used with Sqoop with plain Vanilla Apache Hadoop
2.x and other vendors like CDH, HDP, MapR.
I want to write a generic solution using Apache Sqoop to import/export data from/to Teradata
to any one of the Hadoop vendors.Is that a viable solution that I am thinking of or need to
use specific TDCH for each Hadoop Vendor?
I see in Teradata site that TDCH is specific to the Hadoop Vendor:
Teradata Connector for Hadoop 1.3.2 (Command Line Edition)Version:1.3.2Released:29 Aug 2014OS:Linux
x86-64 (64-bit) Teradata Connector for Hadoop (Command Line Edition): Cloudera Teradata Connector
for Hadoop (Command Line Edition): Hortonworks 1.3 Teradata Connector for Hadoop (Command
Line Edition): Hortonworks 2.0 Teradata Connector for Hadoop (Command Line Edition): Hortonworks
2.1 Teradata Connector for Hadoop (Command Line Edition): IBM InfoSphere BigInsights 3.0 Teradata
Connector for Hadoop (Command Line Edition): READMETeradata Connector for Hadoop 1.2.1 (Command
Line Edition)Version:1.2.1Released:27 Jan 2014OS:Linux x86-64 (64-bit) Teradata Connector
for Hadoop (Command Line Edition): Cloudera Teradata Connector for Hadoop (Command Line Edition):
Hortonworks 1.3 Teradata Connector for Hadoop (Command Line Edition): Hortonworks 2.0Teradata
Connector for Hadoop 1.1 (Command Line Edition)Version:1.1Released:04 Dec 2013OS:Linux x86-64
(64-bit) Teradata Connector for Hadoop (Command Line Edition): Cloudera Teradata Connector
for Hadoop (Command Line Edition): Hortonworks 1.3 Teradata Connector for Hadoop (Command
Line Edition): Hortonworks 2.0 Teradata Connector for Hadoop (Command Line Edition): Apache
Hadoop 2.2
Also  Teradata Connector for Hadoop 1.3.2 (Command Line Edition) for all vendors is  ONLY
RPM based.
Thanks,-RR