sqoop-user mailing list archives

From burakkk <burak.isi...@gmail.com>
Subject Sqoop Table Columns
Date Fri, 10 Oct 2014 08:40:19 GMT
I've just found an issue. Think about you have a table that columns are A,
B, C but you have data including only A and B fields so that you need to
select the columns to load the data into a table such as using --columns
property.

sqoop export ... -columns A,B

With disabling direct option (aka Oraoop option) or using the table
includes only A and B columns, it's working but with enabling direct
option, it fails. When I look at the task tracker logs, I saw all of the
columns are selected.
I tried to fix it. In the OraOopOracleQueries class there is a method
called getTableColumns. I guess it's using to find the table columns but I
couldn't decide how I'm gonna get the columns parameter value. Do I need to
use SqoopOptions (but if I use it, how can it be passed
to OraOopOracleQueries class)? Do you have any advice for this?

Thanks
Best regards...

--

*BURAK ISIKLI* | *http://burakisikli.wordpress.com