sqoop-user mailing list archives

From "Xu, Qian A" <qian.a...@intel.com>
Subject RE: Install a new connector jar into sqoop2
Date Wed, 12 Nov 2014 03:09:38 GMT
Hi Vinoth,

If you cannot use *any* connector, change “common.loader” to load correct jars will help.
If only your connector meets NoClassDefFound issue, it means your jars are not packaged with
sqoop.war.

--Stanley

From: Vinoth Chandar [mailto:vinoth@uber.com]
Sent: Wednesday, November 12, 2014 9:33 AM
To: user@sqoop.apache.org
Subject: Install a new connector jar into sqoop2

Hey guys,

I am working on a connector which connects to a sharded mysql cluster as the source. I built
out the connector jar with its sqoopconnector.properties.

And I tried to make sqoop pick up the jar a couple of ways

1) Add the path to the jar in "common.loader" property in catalina.properties: This gives
a NoClassDefFound on the SqoopConnector.class since it is probably in tomcat's system loader,
which may be referenceable by external libs.

2) Randomly placing the connector jar in shared/server loader, which also did not work.

Wound up adding the connector as a dependency in sqoop-server's pom and it worked. (sort of
validates the theory in 1)

I am probably a tomcat noob, so please let me know if there is a cleaner way to do this or
supported documentation .. Or if this is an open issue, happy to work on a patch..

Thanks
Vinoth