sqoop-user mailing list archives

From "Chagarlamudi, Prasanth" <prasanth.chagarlam...@epsilon.com>
Subject Sqoop2 null conversions
Date Mon, 03 Nov 2014 21:57:20 GMT
Hello all,

I am using sqoop2 to import data from Oracle DB to HDFS(as TEXT_FORMAT). I = =3D noticed that
sqoop is inserting null string('null') for empty value in = Orac=3D le.

I am expecting a non-string NULL value here. Is there any alternative where= =3D  I can convert
empty values from ORACLE DB to non-string null values?

Any help would be appretiated.

Thanks in advance

Prasanth Chagarlamudi

This e-mail and files transmitted with it are confidential, and are intended solely for the
use of the individual or entity to whom this e-mail is addressed. If you are not the intended
recipient, or the employee or agent responsible to deliver it to the intended recipient, you
are hereby notified that any dissemination, distribution or copying of this communication
is strictly prohibited. If you are not one of the named recipient(s) or otherwise have reason
to believe that you received this message in error, please immediately notify sender by e-mail,
and destroy the original message. Thank You.