sqoop-user mailing list archives

From David Robson <David.Rob...@software.dell.com>
Subject RE: Using more than a single mapper per partition with OraOop
Date Wed, 05 Nov 2014 02:00:26 GMT
For importing a single partition – you should be able to set the chunk method to ROWID, then
set oraoop.import.partitions to your partition you are importing. This will split that one
partition by ROWID to as many mappers as you like.

Also – you shouldn’t need any no parallel hints – the direct connector disables parallel
query when it first connects so that shouldn’t be a problem.

So in your command below can you change oraoop.chunk.method to ROWID (or just leave it out
– it is the default) and let me know if that works for you?

From: Joshua Baxter [mailto:joshuagbaxter@gmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, 4 November 2014 8:53 AM
To: user@sqoop.apache.org
Subject: Re: Using more than a single mapper per partition with OraOop

We will mostly be wanting to bring in a single partition at a time, but there will also be
occasions where would we need to pull down the whole table.

sqoop import  -Doraoop.import.hint="no_parallel" -Doraoop.chunk.method=PARTITION -Doraoop.timestamp.string=false
-Doraoop.import.partitions=partition_name  --connect connect_string  --table "WAREHOUSE.BIG_TABLE"
--fetch-size  100000 -m 20 --target-dir /user/hive/warehouse/database/partition   --as-parquetfile
--username user --password password

On Mon, Nov 3, 2014 at 9:40 PM, Gwen Shapira <gshapira@cloudera.com<mailto:gshapira@cloudera.com>>