sqoop-user mailing list archives

From Abraham Elmahrek <...@cloudera.com>
Subject Re: controlling the degree of parallel imports in sqoop2
Date Mon, 03 Nov 2014 17:04:16 GMT
The default value is currently 10. But it's hard coded. I've created
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/SQOOP-1657 to track this.

You can set the throttling count to set the number of mappers. This puts a
"max" on the number of partitions that can be generated (or should be).
There is a negotiation between the Sqoop2 driver and the connector. If the
connector returns more than the defined extractor throttling number, an
error is thrown. Otherwise, the job will continue.

-Abe