sqoop-user mailing list archives

From Raviprasad N Pentakota <rapen...@in.ibm.com>
Subject Re: Install a new connector jar into sqoop2
Date Wed, 12 Nov 2014 05:53:06 GMT
Hi,
Can you try once by copy to $SQOOP_HOME/lib

Regards,
Ravi Prasad Pentakota
India Software Lab, IBM Software Group
Phone: +9180-43328520  Mobile: 919620959477
e-mail:rapentak@in.ibm.com

From:	Vinoth Chandar <vinoth@uber.com>
To:	user@sqoop.apache.org
Date:	11/12/2014 07:00 AM
Subject:	Install a new connector jar into sqoop2

Hey guys,

I am working on a connector which connects to a sharded mysql cluster as
the source. I built out the connector jar with its
sqoopconnector.properties.

And I tried to make sqoop pick up the jar a couple of ways

1) Add the path to the jar in "common.loader" property in
catalina.properties: This gives a NoClassDefFound on the
SqoopConnector.class since it is probably in tomcat's system loader, which
may be referenceable by external libs.

2) Randomly placing the connector jar in shared/server loader, which also
did not work.

Wound up adding the connector as a dependency in sqoop-server's pom and it
worked. (sort of validates the theory in 1)

I am probably a tomcat noob, so please let me know if there is a cleaner
way to do this or supported documentation .. Or if this is an open issue,
happy to work on a patch..

Thanks
Vinoth