sqoop-user mailing list archives

From "Sethuramaswamy, Suresh " <suresh.sethuramasw...@credit-suisse.com>
Subject RE: Java Client for Sqoop Import
Date Mon, 15 Dec 2014 14:39:14 GMT
Hi Vineet,

Writing the output log to a file and grep for the count  may be an option to try out.

$(grep -oP 'Retrieved \K\d*' <logfileName>)

Suresh Sethuramaswamy

From: Vineet Mishra [mailto:clearmidoubt@gmail.com]
Sent: Monday, December 15, 2014 6:54 AM
To: user@sqoop.apache.org
Subject: Re: Java Client for Sqoop Import

Hi Abe,

Thanks for your mail, well I tried this link and able to make Sqoop invocation possible from
a java code snippet.

http://www.acnenomor.com/451103p2/netbeanshadoop-errors-sqoophome-is-unset-may-not-be-able-to-find-all-job-dependencieshadoophome-is-not-set

I am much looking for some way of getting the number of records processed through sqoop import

INFO mapreduce.ImportJobBase: Retrieved 5 records.

so as to avoid another level of processing getting the import counts, I can get the records
in the console but unfortunately not in the Sqoop.runTool since its not having access to any
possible methods for getting processed result counts.

Looking forward for any workaround to get this hack.

Regards!

On Mon, Dec 15, 2014 at 7:08 AM, Abraham Elmahrek <abe@cloudera.com<mailto:abe@cloudera.com>>