sqoop-user mailing list archives

From Gwen Shapira <gshap...@cloudera.com>
Subject Re: Oracle to Hadoop data ingestion in Real-time
Date Sun, 14 Dec 2014 18:38:06 GMT
GoldenGate can be used with flume to ingest data from Oracle to Hadoop
in real time. Oracle's MetaLink (i.e. MyOracleSupport) will have code
examples on how to do that.

I heard from booking.com that Tungsten works great for MySQL to Hadoop
in real time. So its worth trying for Oracle.

Another tool to try is DBVisit Replication, since works on Oracle SE.
Their website may not mention Hadoop, but I believe they have the
capability, so worth contacting them.

Gwen