sqoop-user mailing list archives

From "Zhou, Richard" <richard.z...@intel.com>
Subject RE: Sqoop 1 deprecation time frame ?
Date Fri, 23 Jan 2015 02:15:30 GMT
Hi Narasimha

AFAIK, there is no plan to deprecate Sqoop 1, though only few new features are under developing.
New release (1.4.6) will be delivered soon, next month or the month after next, with some
bugs fixed. Thanks.

Regards
Richard

From: Narasimha Tadepalli [mailto:Narasimha.Tadepalli@actian.com]
Sent: Saturday, January 17, 2015 12:44 AM
To: user@sqoop.apache.org
Subject: Sqoop 1 deprecation time frame ?

Dear All

Does anybody aware when is going to be sqoop 2 stable production ready and does sqoop1 will
be deprecated right away after sqoop2 stable release? Anybody can throw some time frames since
we just started using sqoop 1 and don't want to hear it was deprecated after we finish our
implementation?

Regards
Narasimha