sqoop-user mailing list archives

From Abraham Elmahrek <...@cloudera.com>
Subject Re: Can I run only sqoop1 client without prerequisite of Hadoop?
Date Thu, 22 Jan 2015 00:36:16 GMT
Hey there,

I'm assuming you'd like to use Sqoop to transfer to a local file such that
you can transport it out of your closed environment? If so, I'd check out
"local" fs support:
https://sqoop.apache.org/docs/1.4.5/SqoopUserGuide.html#_using_generic_and_specific_arguments.
Essentially, you can write to the local file system with that.

AFAIK, Sqoop1 doesn't support FS => HDFS data transfers. In Sqoop2, such a
general data transfer use case is being worked on. You can use HDFS "put"
in the mean time I'd imagine.

-Abe