sqoop-user mailing list archives

Subject Re: Using BLOB created by Sqoop
Date Fri, 10 Apr 2015 04:37:08 GMT
Our blobs are very bring!  I am NOT importing into Hive.  Writing to HDFS.
I am creating an EXTERNAL Hive table on top of it by setting
'--map-column-hive' to 'columnName=BINARY', but would that read the blobs
from the '_lob' directory?  I don't think so!  How would Hive know that
Sqoop puts the Blobs in '_lob' directory.  May be we need to use some other
InputFormat?

Has anyone used 'blobs' that were copied using Sqoop?