sqoop-user mailing list archives

From KayVajj <vajjalak...@gmail.com>
Subject SQOOP customize Generated Class and customize flow
Date Thu, 09 Apr 2015 17:49:38 GMT
Hi,

I have a question if we can override some methods in the QueryResult.java
in the sqoop generated Java file and use it during the import to customize
a few things. What I'm exactly trying to do is some clean up and
transformations before I write it to HDFS. I feel if this is possible it
will efficient rather doing it after the fact as we have to do expensive
reads from HDFS.

Also I wanted to see if we can plugin some code in the process of writing
it to HDFS. Lets say If I want to write the record to some other store the
only way I see write another MR job which reads the files written by SQOOP
and process it the way I need.

I really appreciate your inputs.

Thanks
Kay