sqoop-user mailing list archives

From Jarek Jarcec Cecho <jar...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Github Sqoop
Date Fri, 01 May 2015 14:28:11 GMT
I’m adding user@sqoop.apache.org mailing list as this seems to be normal user question Please
do register in the mailing list Pablo, you can find instructions in [1].

Could you share with us your entire Sqoop command line?

Jarcec

1: http://sqoop.apache.org/mail-lists.html

> On May 1, 2015, at 1:10 AM, Pablo Torre <pablotorre81@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi Jarek.
>
> I am taking a look at code in Sqoop 1.4.5 and in the java class Sqlmanager.java I can
see that it is using "SELECT TIMESTAMP;" instead of use "SELECT TIMESTAMP()". But I still
get the error "com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerException: Incorrent sintaxis near to
')'."

> I was testing it in Microsoft SQL Server Management and If I run the query "SELECT TIMESTAMP()"
I get the same error.

> I don't know why sqoop is trying to execute the wrong query if the source code is right.

> Please help me with this.

> I believe that this is already fixed in Sqoop 1.4.5. I would suggest to sign up to Sqoop
user mailing list (instructions are at [1]) and ask for help :)

> Jarcec
>
> Links:
> 1: http://sqoop.apache.org/mail-lists.html
>
> > On Apr 19, 2015, at 2:12 PM, Pablo Torre <pablotorre81@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > Thanks Jarek,
> >
> > I was using Sqoop 1.4.5, maybe I have to install a new version or update the code.
> >
> > Best,
> > Pablo

> > Hi Pablo,
> > I’m always excited to see a new contributor on Sqoop project. Take a look at quick
“How to contribute” wiki page that contains all the details about how to contribute to
Sqoop:

> > https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/SQOOP/How+to+Contribute
> >
> > For your particular issue, I feel that it’s long solved as the Microsoft Sql connector
is already using the correct query, check out the latest source code:

on the project sqoop on github. https://github.com/apache/sqoop

> > > There is a bug that I would like to share with you and maybe you can help me
and say me how can I modified the source code or contribute to the project:

but with MS SQLSERVER fails. I found this article about it https://issues.cloudera.org/browse/SQOOP-229?page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:all-tabpanel

> > > "I see in the source code for SqlManager.java that the query being used in
getCurTimestampQuery() is "select CURRENT_TIMESTAMP()" this is not compatible with MSSQL -
for MSSQL it would be just "select
> > > CURRENT_TIMESTAMP" (keyword not a function)."
> > >
> > > I would like to modify that class and compile the code to get it working. But
I don't know how to do it.