sqoop-user mailing list archives

From "Xu, Qian A" <qian.a...@intel.com>
Subject RE: Sqoop on Windows "Not a valid DFS filename"
Date Tue, 19 May 2015 05:19:00 GMT
Hi Phillip,

Working on Windows via Cygwin is quite interesting idea.

·         Could you post the whole command you are using?

·         Is this jar expected to be added to classpath?

Maybe you can try to change “E:/win-hadoop/hadoop-3.0.0-SNAPSHOT/sqoop/lib/db2jcc4.jar”
to “/E/win-hadoop/hadoop-3.0.0-SNAPSHOT/sqoop/lib/db2jcc4.jar”.

Thanks
Stanley (Xu, Qian)

From: Phillip Rhodes [mailto:prhodes@mammothdata.com]
Sent: Tuesday, May 19, 2015 5:59 AM
To: user@sqoop.apache.org
Subject: Sqoop on Windows "Not a valid DFS filename"

Sqoop crew:
I'm trying to use Sqoop 1.4.5 on Windows and feel like I'm
*almost* there.  But I've hit one stumbling block I can't
yet figure out and am hoping someone can point me in
the right direction.
Right now, I can get Sqoop to run and it gets as far as generating
the Java class for the table I'm importing, and then
starts trying to push jar files to the jar file cache.  And this
is where the trouble comes in.   Since I'm on Windows
the path to those jars is something like
e:\win-hadoop\hadoop-3.0.0-SNAPSHOT\sqoop\lib\db2jcc4.jar
and the like.  This of course results in errors like this:

15/05/18 17:36:21 ERROR tool.ImportTool: Imported Failed: Pathname /E:/win-hadoop/hadoop-3.0.0-SNAPSHOT/sqoop/lib/db2jcc4.jar
from hdfs://10.1.115.231:9000/E:/win-hadoop/hadoop-3.0.0-SNAPSHOT/sqoop/lib/db2jcc4.jar<http://10.1.115.231:9000/E:/win-hadoop/hadoop-3.0.0-SNAPSHOT/sqoop/lib/db2jcc4.jar>
is not a valid DFS filename.

Any thoughts on how to get around that?  This happens whether I'm running the sqoop.cmd
file in a regular Windows cmd window, or running the unix script in a Cygwin shell.

(Also, if anybody is wondering, this Hadoop 3 business is because I built Hadoop from
source to get the Windows support and building HEAD just gives you stuff
labeled Hadoop 3.  I don't *think* that's part of the problem, but feel free to convince
me otherwise).

Thanks,

Phillip Rhodes