sqoop-user mailing list archives

From Sumit Sarkar <Sumit.Sar...@progress.com>
Subject Re: Need info : Sqoop from MongoDB
Date Tue, 05 May 2015 13:33:16 GMT
There is a commercial MongoDB JDBC connector for Sqoop from DataDirect: https://www.progress.com/products/data-sources/mongodb

It will work with the Generic JDBC Connector to import data and supports timestamps.

On May 5, 2015, at 3:30 AM, Zhou, Richard <richard.zhou@intel.com<mailto:richard.zhou@intel.com>>
wrote:

Hey Swati:

                Unfortunately, there is no MongoDB connector in Sqoop 1/2 now. We will discuss
the road map in the Sqoop developer meeting @22th May, and the Key-Value DB support is in
the topic list. I will keep you posted if there is any plan on it. Thanks.

Regards
Richard

From: Swati Ambulkar -X (sambulka - PERSISTENT SYSTEMS INC at Cisco) [mailto:sambulka@cisco.com]
Sent: Tuesday, May 05, 2015 12:04 AM
To: user@sqoop.apache.org<mailto:user@sqoop.apache.org>
Subject: RE: Need info : Sqoop from MongoDB

Hi:

I assume , I will have to use objectId timestamp to get incremental data. Still waiting to
get access to new data source. So do not know if there is any timestamp field in JSON document
body yet.

Did not find much info on MongoDB & Sqoop connectivity. Does sqoop work with MongoDB Hadoop
Connector?  If sqoop works with mongoDB Hadoop connector how should the query look like to
pull incremental data?

Thanks,
Swati