sqoop-user mailing list archives

From Jarek Jarcec Cecho <jar...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Github Sqoop
Date Fri, 01 May 2015 17:01:50 GMT
I believe that the problem is because you’re explicitly using the —driver argument Pablo.
Could you drop it?

The —driver option is a bit deceptive in Sqoop and I generally recommend not to use it at
all unless absolutely required. You can read why in the following blog post:

http://blog.cloudera.com/blog/2013/09/understanding-connectors-and-drivers-in-the-world-of-sqoop/

Jarcec

> On May 1, 2015, at 9:28 AM, Pablo Torre <pablotorre81@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> I have this config file "sqoop.conf":
>
> #
> # Options file for Sqoop
> #
> # Specifies the tool being invoked
> import
> # Connect parameter and value
> --connect
> jdbc:sqlserver://xxx.xxx.x.xx\SQLEXPRESS;database=TEST
> # Username parameter and value
> --username
> xxxx
> --password
> xxxx
> --driver
> com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerDriver
> --verbose
> --target-dir
> /user/pablotorrerodriguez/sqlserverusers5/
> --split-by
> age
> --table
> dbo.users
> --fields-terminated-by
> ,
> --input-fields-terminated-by
> ,
> --check-column
> updated_at
> --incremental
> lastmodified
> --last-value
> 2015-02-07 10:33:47
>

> And I run this command line:
>
>  sqoop --options-file sqoop.conf
>
> But I get this error "com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerException: Incorrent sintaxis
near to ')'." I am using hadoop 1.2.1 and sqoop 1.4.5. And in the folder sqoop-1.4.5/lib I
have the driver sqljdbc4.jar for  Microsoft SQL Server.
> The incremental imports with Microsoft SQL Server give me problems.
>

> Best,

Please do register in the mailing list Pablo, you can find instructions in [1].

> Could you share with us your entire Sqoop command line?
>
> Jarcec
>
> 1: http://sqoop.apache.org/mail-lists.html
>
> > On May 1, 2015, at 1:10 AM, Pablo Torre <pablotorre81@gmail.com> wrote:
> >
> > Hi Jarek.
> >
> > I am taking a look at code in Sqoop 1.4.5 and in the java class Sqlmanager.java
I can see that it is using "SELECT TIMESTAMP;" instead of use "SELECT TIMESTAMP()". But I
still get the error "com.microsoft.sqlserver.jdbc.SQLServerException: Incorrent sintaxis near
to ')'."

> > I was testing it in Microsoft SQL Server Management and If I run the query "SELECT
TIMESTAMP()" I get the same error.

> > I don't know why sqoop is trying to execute the wrong query if the source code is
right.

> > Please help me with this.

> > I believe that this is already fixed in Sqoop 1.4.5. I would suggest to sign up
to Sqoop user mailing list (instructions are at [1]) and ask for help :)

> > Jarcec
> >
> > Links:
> > 1: http://sqoop.apache.org/mail-lists.html
> >
> > > On Apr 19, 2015, at 2:12 PM, Pablo Torre <pablotorre81@gmail.com> wrote:
> > >
> > > Thanks Jarek,
> > >
> > > I was using Sqoop 1.4.5, maybe I have to install a new version or update the
code.

> > > Best,
> > > Pablo

> > > Hi Pablo,
> > > I’m always excited to see a new contributor on Sqoop project. Take a look
at quick “How to contribute” wiki page that contains all the details about how to contribute
to Sqoop:

> > > https://cwiki.apache.org/confluence/display/SQOOP/How+to+Contribute
> > >
> > > For your particular issue, I feel that it’s long solved as the Microsoft
Sql connector is already using the correct query, check out the latest source code:

on the project sqoop on github. https://github.com/apache/sqoop

me and say me how can I modified the source code or contribute to the project:

but with MS SQLSERVER fails. I found this article about it https://issues.cloudera.org/browse/SQOOP-229?page=com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.issuetabpanels:all-tabpanel

in getCurTimestampQuery() is "select CURRENT_TIMESTAMP()" this is not compatible with MSSQL
- for MSSQL it would be just "select

But I don't know how to do it.