sqoop-user mailing list archives

From Neil Barton <neil.bar...@wherescape.com>
Subject 1.99.5 and unable to find valid Kerberos ticket.
Date Wed, 06 May 2015 22:43:03 GMT
I have been playing with 1.99.3 without any issues.  I want to try out the latest version as
it appears to have had some api changes.  I installed 1.99.5 and from the sqoop2-client i
get an error regarding inability to find a valid Kerberos ticket cache.  This is a single-node
development sandbox with no Kerberos installed.  Any clue as to what I have messed up that
might be causing this issue?

hduser@ubuntu-apache251:~/sqoop2$ sqoop2-server start
Sqoop home directory: /usr/local/sqoop
Setting SQOOP_HTTP_PORT:     12000
Setting SQOOP_ADMIN_PORT:     12001
Using   CATALINA_OPTS:
Adding to CATALINA_OPTS:    -Dsqoop.http.port=12000 -Dsqoop.admin.port=12001
Using CATALINA_BASE:   /usr/local/sqoop/server
Using CATALINA_HOME:   /usr/local/sqoop/server
Using CATALINA_TMPDIR: /usr/local/sqoop/server/temp
Using JRE_HOME:        /usr/lib/jvm/java-7-openjdk-amd64
Using CLASSPATH:       /usr/local/sqoop/server/bin/bootstrap.jar
hduser@ubuntu-apache251:~/sqoop2$ sqoop2-shell
Sqoop home directory: /usr/local/sqoop
Sqoop Shell: Type 'help' or '\h' for help.

sqoop:000> set server --host ubuntu-apache251 --port 12000 --webapp sqoop
Server is set successfully
sqoop:000> show connector
0    [main] WARN  org.apache.hadoop.util.NativeCodeLoader  - Unable to load native-hadoop
library for your platform... using builtin-java classes where applicable
Exception has occurred during processing command
Exception: org.apache.sqoop.common.SqoopException Message: CLIENT_0004:Unable to find valid
Kerberos ticket cache (kinit)
sqoop:000>