sqoop-user mailing list archives

From Neil Barton <neil.bar...@wherescape.com>
Subject Re: 1.99.5 and unable to find valid Kerberos ticket.
Date Mon, 11 May 2015 18:05:57 GMT

> On May 10, 2015, at 10:05 PM, Zhou, Richard <richard.zhou@intel.com> wrote:
>
> Would you send the sqoop.properties, which should be in server/config folder? <>
>

> Regards
> Richard

as it appears to have had some api changes.  I installed 1.99.5 and from the sqoop2-client
i get an error regarding inability to find a valid Kerberos ticket cache.  This is a single-node
development sandbox with no Kerberos installed.  Any clue as to what I have messed up that
might be causing this issue?

> hduser@ubuntu-apache251:~/sqoop2$ sqoop2-server start
> Sqoop home directory: /usr/local/sqoop
> Setting SQOOP_HTTP_PORT:     12000
> Setting SQOOP_ADMIN_PORT:     12001
> Using   CATALINA_OPTS:
> Adding to CATALINA_OPTS:    -Dsqoop.http.port=12000 -Dsqoop.admin.port=12001
> Using CATALINA_BASE:   /usr/local/sqoop/server
> Using CATALINA_HOME:   /usr/local/sqoop/server
> Using CATALINA_TMPDIR: /usr/local/sqoop/server/temp
> Using JRE_HOME:        /usr/lib/jvm/java-7-openjdk-amd64
> Using CLASSPATH:       /usr/local/sqoop/server/bin/bootstrap.jar
> hduser@ubuntu-apache251:~/sqoop2$ sqoop2-shell
> Sqoop home directory: /usr/local/sqoop
> Sqoop Shell: Type 'help' or '\h' for help.
>
> sqoop:000> set server --host ubuntu-apache251 --port 12000 --webapp sqoop
> Server is set successfully
> sqoop:000> show connector
> 0    [main] WARN  org.apache.hadoop.util.NativeCodeLoader  - Unable to load native-hadoop
library for your platform... using builtin-java classes where applicable
> Exception has occurred during processing command
> Exception: org.apache.sqoop.common.SqoopException Message: CLIENT_0004:Unable to find
valid Kerberos ticket cache (kinit)