sqoop-user mailing list archives

From Divya Ravichandran <div1390r...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Issue with setting JAVA_HOME
Date Thu, 28 May 2015 18:53:21 GMT
What parameter do we need to set in the wrapper script to make sqoop use
jdk. We know setting $JAVA_HOME system property will change it for the
entire system. We don’t want to do that since we have other hadoop services
running on the same node, and we don’t want them to run on jdk.  The other
solution would be to set JAVA_HOME variable to point to jdk in
hadoop_env.sh, but even this solution would make all the other hadoop
services to use jdk. So is there another variable which I can set which
will be only sqoop specific and make only sqoop use jdk while other hadoop
services on the node still use jre.

 And we have sqoop client written in java. Is there anything that needs to
be set programmatically?

-Divya