sqoop-user mailing list archives

From Phillip Rhodes <prho...@mammothdata.com>
Subject Re: Sqoop on Windows "Not a valid DFS filename"
Date Tue, 19 May 2015 21:33:23 GMT
On Tue, May 19, 2015 at 1:19 AM, Xu, Qian A <qian.a.xu@intel.com> wrote:

>  Hi Phillip,
>

> Working on Windows via Cygwin is quite interesting idea.
>
> ·         Could you post the whole command you are using?
>
> ·         Is this jar expected to be added to classpath?
>

> Maybe you can try to change
> “E:/win-hadoop/hadoop-3.0.0-SNAPSHOT/sqoop/lib/db2jcc4.jar” to
> “/E/win-hadoop/hadoop-3.0.0-SNAPSHOT/sqoop/lib/db2jcc4.jar”.

I don't have control over that path, it's something Sqoop does internally.
I'm assuming it works out which jars need to be pushed to HDFS for use by
the map-reduce job and then just takes them from the Sqoop classpath and
tries to push them up to an identical path in HDFS.

Unfortunately, changing everything to use unix style paths under Cygwin (by
changing SQOOP_HOME, etc.) doesn't work either, because then Java doesn't
know how to find the jars as it's a native Windows program and ultimately
passes those strings to some Windows API call that doesn't understand
/cygdrive/e/foo/bar/whatever

So far, short of hacking up the Sqoop source, I can't find a way to make
this work, but I'm open to suggestions...

Phil