sqoop-user mailing list archives

From Sumit Sarkar <Sumit.Sar...@progress.com>
Subject Generic SQL connector generating AS clause for DataDirect Oracle JDBC driver
Date Wed, 27 May 2015 03:06:47 GMT
When running Sqoop with the third party DataDirect Oracle JDBC driver to extract data; I get
the following exception due to the "AS clause" being generated by the generic SQL connector
which Oracle does not like.

#Sqoop command:
sqoop import --connect 'jdbc:datadirect:oracle://host:1521;SID=mySID;User=scott;Password=tiger'
--driver com.ddtek.jdbc.oracle.OracleDriver --table EMP --append -hive-import --target-dir
/user/hdfs/oracle --hive-table gbir.EMP_DETAILS_V --hive-drop-import-delims --hive-overwrite
-m 1

#Third party JDBC driver logging of query and exception:
spy>> Connection[1]sql = SELECT t.* FROM EMP AS t WHERE 1=0

spy>> PreparedStatement[1].executeQuery()
spy>> java.sql.SQLException: [DataDirect][Oracle JDBC Driver][Oracle]ORA-00933: SQL
command not properly ended
ErrorCode=933 SQLState=HY000
java.sql.SQLException: [DataDirect][Oracle JDBC Driver][Oracle]ORA-00933: SQL command not
properly ended

DataDirect has a developer build to workaround this and we're seeing 2x performance increase
over native JDBC.  But for a permanent JDBC solution beyond Sqoop, I want to see if there
is a way to configure either a third party JDBC driver or Sqoop to not generate the "AS CLAUSE"
in this scenario?

Has anyone else run into this?

Thanks,
Sumit