sqoop-user mailing list archives

From "Zhou, Richard" <richard.z...@intel.com>
Subject RE: Issue with setting JAVA_HOME
Date Tue, 02 Jun 2015 07:49:04 GMT
Hey Divya:

                I guess that Abe means you could write a script like

[root@server-654 test]# cat mysqoop.sh
export JAVA_HOME="your_java_home"
./sqoop.sh $*

And run mysqoop.sh just like sqoop

Mysqoop.sh import --connect jdbc:mysql:// --username XXX --password YYY --table test …

Regards
Richard

From: Divya Ravichandran [mailto:div1390ravi@gmail.com]
Sent: Friday, May 29, 2015 2:53 AM
To: Abraham Elmahrek
Cc: user@sqoop.apache.org
Subject: Re: Issue with setting JAVA_HOME

What parameter do we need to set in the wrapper script to make sqoop use jdk. We know setting
$JAVA_HOME system property will change it for the entire system. We don’t want to do that
since we have other hadoop services running on the same node, and we don’t want them to
run on jdk.  The other solution would be to set JAVA_HOME variable to point to jdk in hadoop_env.sh,
but even this solution would make all the other hadoop services to use jdk. So is there another
variable which I can set which will be only sqoop specific and make only sqoop use jdk while
other hadoop services on the node still use jre.

 And we have sqoop client written in java. Is there anything that needs to be set programmatically?

-Divya
On May 28, 2015 2:02 PM, "Abraham Elmahrek" <abe@cloudera.com<mailto:abe@cloudera.com>>