sqoop-user mailing list archives

From Abraham Elmahrek <...@cloudera.com>
Subject Re: Import from Table with special character field name
Date Mon, 01 Jun 2015 14:53:00 GMT
Hey man,

Send over your exception?

If you're having difficulty sending special characters is the terminal, you
might be able to get away with quoting your column names. If you're
importing data that should be treated differently in Sqoop,
"--map-column-java" will do the trick. You can use a "free-form" query to
cast the data types as well. See
http://sqoop.apache.org/docs/1.4.6/SqoopUserGuide.html#_free_form_query_imports
for more information there.

-Abe