sqoop-user mailing list archives

From Parkkinen Paavo <parkp...@square-enix.com>
Subject Trying to Run Job: MySQL Connector JAR File Does Not Exist
Date Tue, 16 Jun 2015 02:33:10 GMT
Hi.

I'm trying to set up Sqoop to move data from a MySQL database to HDFS, and I'm running into
some problems.

I have two servers: one has the MySQL database, the other one has a single node set up of
HDFS. MySQL works. HDFS works.

I downloaded Sqoop 1.99.6, and set up the server. I configured my catalina.properties to point
to my Hadoop jars, and sqoop.properties to point to my Hadoop configuration. Finally, I copy
the MySQL connector jar into directory lib inside the Sqoop install directory.

After that I start the server. Nothing obvious going wrong in the logs.

Next I start up the shell on the same server. I follow the 5 minute guide to set the server
connection, create the links, and create a job. When I run the job, I get the following error:

2015-06-15 12:50:42 JST: FAILURE_ON_SUBMIT
Exception: java.io.FileNotFoundException: File does not exist: hdfs://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:9000/path_to_sqoop_install/server/webapps/sqoop/WEB-INF/lib/mysql-connector-java-5.1.23.jar

I grabbed the latest sqoop2 branch code from GitHub and built it to see if it was fixed. Instead,
now I get the following:

2015-06-15 16:11:36 JST: FAILURE_ON_SUBMIT
Exception: java.io.FileNotFoundException: File does not exist: hdfs://xxx.xxx.xxx.xxx:9000/path_to_sqoop_install/server/webapps/sqoop/WEB-INF/lib/sqoop-common-2.0.0-SNAPSHOT.jar

Some people online suggest copying the jar files into HDFS manually, but I haven't done that
as it's not mentioned in the docs, and the fact that it's pointing to the Sqoop install path
on my server feels a little suspect to me.

Should I just place the files in HDFS (the documentation should probably be updated to reflect
this), or is there another way to fix this?

Thanks,

Paavo