sqoop-user mailing list archives

From Jarek Jarcec Cecho <jar...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Sqoop Security
Date Tue, 27 Oct 2015 16:09:22 GMT
I haven’t tried it myself, but as Sqoop is “yet another JDBC client”, I think that it
generally should work.

One thing that you might need to do extra is to ensure that the all the SSL relevant files
(trust strore, …) are either available on all nodes in your cluster or ship them to backend
via “-file” argument. I’m expecting that it will be required because Sqoop can open
connection to the database from any node in the cluster.

Jarcec

> On Oct 27, 2015, at 3:57 AM, Pablo Torre <pablotorre81@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi guys,
>
> I was reading a book about Hadoop Security , and I realized that Sqoop can be configured
to connect to a database that supports SSL with SSL enabled.