sqoop-user mailing list archives

From Sumit Sarkar <Sumit.Sar...@progress.com>
Subject Re: Sqoop Oracle and MS Access
Date Fri, 06 Nov 2015 12:59:56 GMT
Giovanni,
What is the issue you are facing with Ms Access through the JDBC drivers?  We are working
on some contributions to make Sqoop work better with third party JDBC drivers.
Regarding the Oracle question, the DataDirect Oracle JDBC driver has a property to convert
those types to string if you cannot find a way through Sqoop.  However, it is not a free solution.

http://media.datadirect.com/download/docs/jdbc/alljdbc/help.html?_ga=1.23504382.576670223.1301850762#page/userguide/rfi1359986091890.html#

FetchTSWTZasTimestamp
Purpose
Determines whether column values with the TIMESTAMP WITH TIME ZONE data type are returned
as a JDBC CHAR or TIMESTAMP data type.
This property only applies to connections to Oracle9i and higher.
Valid Values
true | false
Behavior
If set to true, column values with the TIMESTAMP WITH TIME ZONE data type are returned as
a JDBC TIMESTAMP data type.
If set to false, column values with the TIMESTAMP WITH TIME ZONE data type are returned as
a JDBC VARCHAR data type.
false
Data Type
boolean