sqoop-user mailing list archives

From Timothy Garza <timothy.ga...@collinsongroup.com>
Subject Sqoop v1.4.6 - Sqoop export fails with ConnectException
Date Tue, 03 Nov 2015 16:48:36 GMT
Hello Fellow Sqoopers!

I’m having some trouble with Sqoop export and wanted to document my findings as the usual
Google searching and Apache Sqoop docs aren’t helping.

I’m trying to export a Hive table (sequence file) from AWS EMR to AWS RDS(MySQL) and SQOOP
is returning the following error. Please note, I am able to successfully sqoop-import from
this MySQL Database into Hive!!!

$ sqoop-export \
--connect jdbc:mysql://<ip address>:<database-name> \
--username <username> \
--password <password> \
--table <table-name> \
--export-dir 'hdfs://172.31.47.117/user/hive/warehouse/HiveTable'

ERROR tool.ExportTool: Encountered IOException running export job: java.net.ConnectException:
Call From
   ip-172-31-47-117.us-west-2.compute.internal/172.31.47.117
   ip-172-31-47-117.us-west-2.compute.internal:8020
failed on connection exception: java.net.ConnectException: Connection refused;
For more details see:  http://wiki.apache.org/hadoop/ConnectionRefused

-- Some environmental info from the Master Node (ie. internal IP):

$ hostname -I
172.31.47.117

$ telnet 172.31.47.117 8020

Trying 172.31.47.117...
telnet: connect to address 172.31.47.117: Connection refused.

So of course I can see the cause of the problem. But why on earth is SQOOP-EXPORT trying to
connect to itself on port 8020 and what can I do about it?

There is no port-configuration information to gleaned from $SQOOP_HOME/conf/sqoop-site.xml

Kind Regards

Timothy Garza
Database and BI Developer
Collinson Technology Services
Skype: timothy.garza.cts
collinsongroup.com<http://www.collinsongroup.com/>

[Collinson Group]<http://www.collinsongroup.com/>

The Collinson Group Limited; Registered number: 2577557, Registered in England & Wales;
Registered Office: Cutlers Exchange, 123 Houndsditch, London, EC3A 7BU.

This e-mail may contain privileged and confidential information and/or copyright material
and is intended for the use of the addressee only. If you receive this e-mail by mistake please
advise the sender immediately by using the reply facility in your e-mail software and delete
this e-mail from your computer system. You may not deliver, copy or disclose its contents
to anyone else. Any unauthorised use may be unlawful. Any views expressed in this e-mail are
those of the individual sender and may not necessarily reflect the views of The Collinson
Group Ltd and/or its subsidiaries or any other associated company (collectively “Collinson
Group”).

As communications via the Internet are not secure Collinson Group cannot accept any liability
if this e-mail is accessed by third parties during the course of transmission or is modified
or amended in any way following despatch. Collinson Group cannot guarantee that any attachment
to this email does not contain a virus, therefore it is strongly recommended that you carry
out your own virus check before opening any attachment, as we cannot accept liability for
any damage sustained as a result of software virus infection. Senders of messages shall be
taken to consent to the monitoring and recording of e-mails addressed to members of the Company.