sqoop-user mailing list archives

From David Robson <David.Rob...@software.dell.com>
Subject RE: Sqoop Oracle and MS Access
Date Mon, 09 Nov 2015 21:12:24 GMT
Sqoop 1.4.5 with direct should work be fine using TIMESTAMP WITH TIME ZONE data types.

Could you please share the command you are running and add the “—verbose” flag and share
the log as well? Preferably the log from the Sqoop client as well as the map tasks. If possible
could you also share the create table statement you are using?

From: Giovanni M.L.G. [mailto:giovanni.gargioni@gmail.com]
Sent: Monday, 9 November 2015 8:30 PM
To: user@sqoop.apache.org
Subject: Re: Sqoop Oracle and MS Access

Hi David and Sumit,

thanks for the quick answer.

Regarding oracle:

we are using sqoop 1.4.5-cdh5.4.4 with the --direct option. We have no problem importing dates
and timestamps with no timezone info.

The problem comes in when timezone info is there [We get something like "Cannot convert SQL-type
-102" error].
The only workoround we found is the one i mentioned [using --map-column-java].

Do you think things change with sqoop 1.4.6?

Regarding Access:

our use case is the following: an .mdb or .accdb file gets shipped to a node in our cluster
with sftp [we can't connect directly to the windows server] and we should import all the tables
in that file into hive.

I haven't tried the easysoft driver because it seemed that it required the .mdb to be in a
windows server

I have tried with the UCanAccess jdbc driver.

Since the access db file is actually already in our cluster I don't even know if sqoop would
be the right tool for reading the data from it.

Cheers,

GG