sqoop-user mailing list archives

From Sedat Kestepe <skest...@gmail.com>
Subject oozie sqoop write query result to a file
Date Wed, 04 Nov 2015 20:07:51 GMT
Hi,

I have an existing oozie job that makes a query on an Oracle table and
overwrite the result on hive tables.
Now I need to decide overwriting the hive table fi the query returns any
data.

My plan was to run a "select count(*) from..." style record count check.
Then write the output to a file, read the file in second action. There I
would put a decision action whether or not to run the main query and
overwrite hive table.

On the examples and documentation on web, target was to write the result on
a hive table. Actually this is the purpose of sqoop but I couldn't find any
thing related to writing the result in a file.

--
Sedat Kestepe