sqoop-user mailing list archives

From Link Qian <fastupl...@outlook.com>
Subject RE: Export to mysql and add a column
Date Tue, 08 Dec 2015 03:51:18 GMT
Scott,

currently Sqoop does not support this feature. a realism solution is create a new hive table
and then insert data with original columns and calculating columns. finally export the hive
table data to mysql.

Thanks,
Link Qian

Date: Fri, 4 Dec 2015 11:03:15 -0800
Subject: Export to mysql and add a column
From: sgallavan@gmail.com
To: user@sqoop.apache.org

I wanted to export a dataset from hive -> mysql
But I need to add a string column that is required in mysql but not present in hive.I know
the string and it is constant for the entire export.
Is there an elegant way to do this in hive without adding a new column? or a new table to
hive?
What would be the best way to do that?Can I write a custom select statement for the hive insert?

I was hoping that this

--columns col1,col2,col3,$customValue

would work, but that is not working for me.

Thanks

Scott