sqoop-user mailing list archives

From David Liu <davidtc...@gmail.com>
Subject migrate data from SQLServer to AWS
Date Mon, 21 Dec 2015 23:31:42 GMT
Hell all,

I am investigating possible solutions to data migration from SQLServer at
local data center to either
AWS S3, Redshift, or Hive instances on AWS. Either way, I may want to
migrate from data center to AWS.

Is there any such use cases using Sqoop or even w/o Sqoop ?

Alternatively, if I do not migrate all the data, I may want to use
Spark/Hive on AWS to do some analysis based on the data from Sql server in
real time, so is there such a 'middleware' that could talk to sql server
and load data to Hive on AWS with relatively low latency?

Cheers,

David