sqoop-user mailing list archives

From Jarek Jarcec Cecho <jar...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Sqoop Metrics
Date Mon, 11 Jan 2016 14:59:06 GMT
Hi Sudeep,
Sqoop 1 is a command line utility without any permanent storage*, so we’re not persisting
such metrics anywhere. Having said that you can easily get number of records and other metrics
from JobTracker/ResourceManager in form of mapreduce job counters. Provided the job history
wasn’t cleaned up yet.

Jarcec

* The metastore is a small exception, but that is used only to store parameters and nothing
more.

> On Jan 10, 2016, at 7:49 PM, sudeep mishra <sudeepshekharm@gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi,
>
> How can be get the information about the metrics around Sqoop jobs?
>
> I am interested in capturing details like number of records processed, amount of data
transferred, time taken to complete Sqoop job etc. I can see that these info is present in
the logs generated after running any Sqoop command but I am interested to know if this data
is saved internally by Sqoop or can be triggered after completion of the jobs without actually
parsing the logs.