sqoop-user mailing list archives

From Suresh Moorthi <itzzme...@gmail.com>
Subject Sqoop import from MySQL to Hive fails
Date Fri, 15 Apr 2016 10:28:37 GMT
Hi,

I am using CDH 5.7.0 and using sqoop client api to import a table from
MySQL to HIVE. Am using the sqoop-connector-kite-1.99.5-cdh5.7.0.jar

The import fails with the following message.

org.kitesdk.data.DatasetNotFoundException: Unknown dataset URI pattern:
dataset:hive:testing/testtable

Check that JARs for hive datasets are on the classpath

I dont think the missing jars in the classpath is the case here. Because,
when i enabled debug in sqoop server, the following dataset URIs seems to
be registered.

    URIPattern{pattern=file:/*path/:namespace/:dataset?absolute=true}
    URIPattern{pattern=file:*path/:namespace/:dataset}
    URIPattern{pattern=hdfs:/*path/:namespace/:dataset?absolute=true}
    URIPattern{pattern=hdfs:*path/:namespace/:dataset}
    URIPattern{pattern=webhdfs:/*path/:namespace/:dataset?absolute=true}

In the above the hive dataset URI is missing, I believe that this is the
problem. Why the hive dataset URI is not registered? What should I do to
have the hive dataset registered?

When I do the import from CLI, it is working.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Suresh M