sqoop-user mailing list archives

From Ruslan Al-Fakikh <metarus...@gmail.com>
Subject MapR-DB output, bulkload doesn't work
Date Tue, 24 May 2016 18:52:28 GMT
Hi guys,

I'm using MapR 4.1, Sqoop 1.4.6. I can successfully run a sqoop import
with free-form sql query and without bulkload:
sqoop import --query 'SELECT COLUMN1, COLUMN2 FROM MY_TABLE WHERE
$CONDITIONS' --split-by COLUMN1  --hbase-row-key COLUMN1 --hbase-table
/sqoop-test4 --column-family 1 --hbase-create-table --connect
jdbc:oracle:thin:@localhost:1521:XE --target-dir sqoop_test --username
my_user --password my_password
but when I add the --hbase-bulkload I get an error:
Error: java.io.IOException: bulkLoaderClose() on '/local/sqoop-test5'
failed with error: Function not implemented (38).

Does it mean that bulkload is not supported for MapR-DB tables?
MapR-DB is basically a different HBase implementation which should be
API-compatible with HBase.

Thanks a lot in advance,
Ruslan