sqoop-user mailing list archives

From Attila Szabo <mau...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Sqoop error
Date Thu, 10 Nov 2016 09:51:28 GMT
Hi Garry,

First of all I'd like to highlight I'm not an MsSQLServer expert, but let
me share my thoughts what could cause this issue.

>From the stacktrace what I can spot is that it seems the server itself
forces the usage of SSLv3 encryption, but it seems the client on your side
did not enable or does not support it.
It could mean your SQLServer jdbc driver what you'd put into Sqoop's lib
directory is outdated, or your security settings for SQLServer jdbc driver
is not appropriate.

I'd like to highlight that the current version of Sqoop (1.4.6) (from your
log output seems you're using that version within CDH5.7.4) does not
support any Sqoop level settings for data encryption, it has to be solved
on the level of the JDBC driver itself.

For that let me attach two guides for you:
https://blogs.msdn.microsoft.com/jdbcteam/2008/09/09/the-driver-could-not-establish-a-secure-connection-to-sql-server-by-using-secure-sockets-layer-ssl-encryption/
(this one is not really up to date, but the problem recovery logic it
follows is very clean)

(The most recent documentation around SSL related encryption with JDBC
driver I'd found)
https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb879935(v=sql.110).aspx
https://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb879943(v=sql.110).aspx

I hope this helps you solving your problem!

Regards,
Attila