sqoop-user mailing list archives

From Douglas Spadotto <dougspado...@gmail.com>
Subject Read export counters on command-line
Date Tue, 08 Nov 2016 20:01:55 GMT
Hello everyone,

Is there a way for me to read the number of rows that were by a Sqoop
command without having to parse the command output?

I tried displaying the environment variables after an execution and didn't
find anything meaningful.

I saw this is doable when you call Sqoop from Java code, but couldn't find
anything on the command-line.

Am I to parse logs to have that information? Another idea was to write a
custom validator that only made the statistics available on a more readable
format (env. variable, file, etc.).

Thanks in advance,

Douglas

-----
Frodo: "I wish none of this had happened."
Gandalf: "So do all who live to see such times, but that is not for them to
decide. All we have to decide is what to do with the time that is given to
us."
-- Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Ring (2001)