sqoop-user mailing list archives

From Venkat Ranganathan <vranganat...@hortonworks.com>
Subject Re: Sqoop Import as parquet with hcatalog
Date Wed, 21 Dec 2016 15:57:31 GMT
Parquet currently cannot  be used with HCatalog – see HIVE-7502/HIVE-8838.   This needs to
be fixed in Hive/Parquet

HCatalog does not use Kite SDK

Thanks

Venkat
From: Markus Kemper <markus@cloudera.com>
Date: Wednesday, December 21, 2016 at 7:49 AM
To: "user@sqoop.apache.org" <user@sqoop.apache.org>
Subject: Re: Reg: Sqoop Import as parquet with hcatalog

Hello Kishore,

This issue should not be RDBMS vendor specific, please see SQOOP-3046 as a possible match
for your issue.  My understanding of this issue is that there might be some KiteSDK issues
like Szabi pointed out however there are also likely some Hive issues as well.

Markus Kemper
Customer Operations Engineer
[www.cloudera.com]<http://www.cloudera.com>

On Wed, Dec 21, 2016 at 10:17 AM, Szabolcs Vasas <vasas@cloudera.com<mailto:vasas@cloudera.com>>